Old Mariner’s Church

The oldest surviving stone church in Detroit originally stood at the end of Woodward Avenue, but it was moved in 1955 as part of the Civic Center (Hart Plaza)...

Book Tower

The 38-story Book Tower was part of the Washington Boulevard redevelopment, a project by J. Burgess Book, Jr. and his brothers which transformed a run-down area of Detroit into one of the world’s most fashionable streets. Planned in 1915 by Edward H. Bennett of...