Old Mariner’s Church

The oldest surviving stone church in Detroit originally stood at the end of Woodward Avenue, but it was moved in 1955 as part of the Civic Center (Hart Plaza)...

Guardian Building

The Guardian Building, a National Historic Landmark, is a skyscraper in downtown Detroit, Michigan. Built in 1928 and finished in 1929, the building (originally called the Union Trust Building) is a bold example of Art Deco architecture, including some art moderne...

Park Avenue House

The Park Avenue House (formerly called the Royal Palms Hotel) is one of three hotels that Louis Kamper designed for what was once the heart of Detroit’s hotel district.  Kamper also designed the Eddystone Hotel and the Park Avenue Hotel.  The Park Avenue House is 13...

Cadillac Place

In 1923, it opened as one of the largest office buildings in the world. Originally, it was known as the General Motors Building since it had housed the company’s world headquarters from 1923 until 1996. In 1996, GM moved its world headquarters to the Renaissance...