David Whitney Building
Originally, the building was adorned with Italian Renaissance details, much of which were removed when the building was renovated in 1959. It was originally built as an office tower for doctors and dentists, who after World War II began to locate near hospitals. The building was completed by Burnham’s firm after he died in 1912.
The building features a elegantly detailed 4-story retail atrium.
With the exception of a temporary casino employee training center, the building has been vacant since 1990.