Building InformationStreet Address: 1001 Woodward Avenue
Year Built: 1965
Architect: Smith Hinchman Grylls
1001 Woodward, also known as First Federal Bank Building, is a mixed-use 25-story granite-clad skyscraper on the corner of Michigan and Woodward Avenue anchoring the Campus Martius District. The building was renovated starting in 1998 to support Class “A” office/commercial space and its upper floors are currently being renovated into residential loft condominiums.
A 12-story parking deck was constructed adjacently on Woodward Avenue from 2004 to 2006 as part of the commercial renovation. It provided additional parking amenities for the office/commercial tenants and commuter parking, as well as the newly developed residential condominiums. The parking garage also features retail space at the Woodward Avenue street level.