Has anybody seen their invitation to the 19th Annual Design Retreat? I finally got my invitation! The AIA Michigan website site has a calendar entry for the event, but the link points to last year’s event. The only note is in the upper left corner of the page which indicates that the retreat is on September 12th thru 14th.
Typically, current year honor award winners are asked to present at the retreat. If you’ve forgotten who received awards this year take a look at our recap. Two days of presentations are followed by a guest lecturer talking about Michigan relevant architecture on Saturday evening. Anybody have information about this years presenter? A list of presenters was also included with the invitation. Read on to learn which projects will be presented this year.
The following project are scheduled for presentation:
- Gwinnet Environmental and Heritage Center – Lord Aeck & Sargent Architecture
- Lamar Construction Company Headquarters – Integrated Architecture
- Science Addition and Allied Health Expansion, GOCC – DSA Architects
- West Michigan Center for Arts & Technology – Progressive AE
- James Clarkson Environmental Discovery Center – SmithGroup, Inc.
- St. Joseph’s Recovery Center – Design Collaborative Design Center
- St. Gertrude Catholic Church – Constantine George Pappas Architecture
- M.U.D./M.U.P. Student Lounge – Neal Robinson, Architect
- Warren Civic Center – Neumann/Smith Architecture
- Honolulu House Museum – Architecture + Design
- Ashka Salon and Spa – Biddison Architecture + Design
- Team Detroit – Gensler
- Rubin Residence – McIntosh Poris Associates
- Kalamazoo Transportation Center – Kingscott Associates, Inc.
- Global Headquarters Office Building – Albert Kahn Associates, Inc.
- Siaulu Arena – Barton Malow Design
The final presentation, usually given after dinner, is titled LTU “AloeTerra” Presentation. Anybody have any information for this presentation?